So Jacob will be celebrating his 2nd birthday next month. I was trying to decide how I feel about that. I always hear other moms say how sad they are when their babies grow up or when they start school or leave home for college/mission. As I was pondering this at the gym this morning I realized that I'm not really sad about him growing another year older. Ooh, I panicked. I'm supposed to feel sad, aren't I? I then decided that it's ok that I'm not sad and here's why: Jacob is such a fun toddler. He's so full of energy and has such a cute personality. I love teaching him something new and realizing I was successful when I see him doing or saying the new thing I taught him. He brings me so much joy and happiness. He makes me laugh everyday and can also frustrate me in the same day. I guess I've tried to make the best of every stage he goes through so that I don't have regrets or wish I could go back in time. So I will continue to make the best of each day and not wish for things that aren't.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Almost 2
So Jacob will be celebrating his 2nd birthday next month. I was trying to decide how I feel about that. I always hear other moms say how sad they are when their babies grow up or when they start school or leave home for college/mission. As I was pondering this at the gym this morning I realized that I'm not really sad about him growing another year older. Ooh, I panicked. I'm supposed to feel sad, aren't I? I then decided that it's ok that I'm not sad and here's why: Jacob is such a fun toddler. He's so full of energy and has such a cute personality. I love teaching him something new and realizing I was successful when I see him doing or saying the new thing I taught him. He brings me so much joy and happiness. He makes me laugh everyday and can also frustrate me in the same day. I guess I've tried to make the best of every stage he goes through so that I don't have regrets or wish I could go back in time. So I will continue to make the best of each day and not wish for things that aren't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment