Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Slightly stressed

We have had this trip planned/booked since January and have been looking forward to it since then. Now that we are about to leave, I am slightly freaking out. You know how we're spending a few days in St. George in a gigantic house? Well, there's going to be 20 adults and 22 kids there. That is sounding a little crazy at this point. I'm a little nervous about it. We have to prepare a meal for them too. I'm also a little nervous about how Mya is going to handle all the driving and being away from home and getting off her schedule. Oh then there's Disneyland. That is giving me a little anxiety as well. And we've never been away from home for 12 consecutive days. But vacations are supposed to be relaxing and stress free, right? So I am going to stop worrying and have a good time. Especially since Jarom is using virtually all of his remaining vacation time for the year to go to scout camp and youth conference. This is our main/only family trip for the year except maybe a few weekends here and there.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Amy, have you ever watched the show Modern Family? This post reminded me of a quote by the Mom in the show: "I'm a Mom, vacations are more like business trips than restful getaways."

Anyway, hope you have fun!

~Emily~ said...

Oh you'll have a blast, and Mya will do fabulous. I was really worried about taking Holland all the way to Utah for 10 days by myself and she ended up doing fantastic. I think all the worry in my case was for nothing. We really had a great time.