Monday, February 28, 2011

It's Time

For my annual winter blues post. I am pretty sure that about this same time every year all I want to do is complain about winter. So if you don't want to read I don't blame you. I am tired of it. Somebody in my house has been sick at one time or another the whole month of February. We went from colds to the stomach flu and now back to colds. Luckily, Jacob is the only one with a cold this time, but who knows if it will stay that way. Jarom is gone a lot. He's been shopping for a new car, and that has taken up a lot of his free time. Then there's his church responsibilities and his job. Not to mention skiing when he gets a chance. I love that he is so passionate about something, but I am ready for ski season to be done for this year. My kids have cabin fever. Mya will get her jacket and shoes and stand by the door crying to go outside. She hates getting in her carseat because she just wants to run and play. Poor girl!! We enjoyed the nice, warm, sunny weather a little too much a few weeks ago. Jacob wants to play with his friends EVERYDAY, but they have all been sick this month too. He hasn't played with his best buddy in almost 2 months because of sickness :( I am tired of trying to juggle school work, my calling which I am doing solo now, teaching preschool, the house, cooking, laundry, etc. I want summer to be here so I can relax more and just play with my kids. On the bright side, we have lots of fun things planned for spring!! Oceanside in March. Biking trip and hiking in April. St. George in May. Now to get my motivation back to get through the next couple of weeks!!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Winter is lame. I might cancel our trip to NYC because I am too depressed thinking about going somewhere cold for a vacation. Southern California sounds so much nicer and more relaxing!

I saw Jarom on the freeway in some random car and I forgot to ask you about it. Must have been a test drive?

~Emily~ said...

So sorry you have all been so sick! It is the worst feeling ever! You're welcome to come spend a few days here in Vegas weather anytime! ;)