Just a quick follow up on my last blog post. I am still working at getting our family more healthy. We have made a lot of changes that I am happy about. Besides the cereal and chicken nugget thing, I stopped buying processed snack foods for the kids. So no fruit snacks, granola bars, crackers, etc. I do buy Triscuits since they have like 6 ingredients and I know what they all are. And Tostitos makes these black bean tortilla chips that are all natural. I can even get a giant back at Costco :) I have also stopped buying a lot of products that have high fructose corn syrup. That stuff is in everything!!! I make granola bars from scratch and the kids snack on fresh fruits and veggies, string cheese, or yogurt (no sugar added-I buy plain greek yogurt and add a little honey or berries. They really like it frozen). We've also gotten a lot better at eating leftovers for lunch. Jacob LOVES PB & honey sandwiches! And our peanut butter is all natural now. No sugar added or HFCS. We've switched to brown rice and whole grain pasta. My kids don't know about white bread so that hasn't been an issue. but buying a true 100% whole grain loaf of bread can be tricky at some stores. I really need to start making my own bread!!
I am still on track to run my half marathon in June as well!!
2 comments:
Wow! Way to go, Amy!
I buy my bread at Great Harvest. It is EXPENSIVE but worth it. I can't even force down the nasty highly processed bread.
Post a Comment