We took our first annual girls trip this past weekend. My mom, Liz, and I made the drive to Cedar City on Saturday morning where we picked up Natalie & Aly. Our first stop was Cedar Breaks where we received a very personal tour from Alyson. For those of you who know her this it is kind of funny. She's never been the outdoorsy type per se, and I can remember her hating camping or going hiking. Maybe hating is not the right word, but she was never thrilled about it. Anyways, she is spending the summer working at Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyon. I was very impressed with her knowledge, and I can tell she loves her job. And she sends everyone she knows to one or the other places to go hiking or watch the sunset. Who wouldn't love spending their days in these beautiful places? We stopped at Kolob on our way to St. George, but it was too hot to really do anything there. In St. George we did a little bit of shopping then drove around in circles trying to decide among the 5 of us where to have dinner. We ended up at the Cracker Barrel which I'm sure is never the first choice for any of us, but it was pretty good. At least my food was. The finale was tickets to Les Miserable at Tuachan which deserves its own post.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Girls Trip
We took our first annual girls trip this past weekend. My mom, Liz, and I made the drive to Cedar City on Saturday morning where we picked up Natalie & Aly. Our first stop was Cedar Breaks where we received a very personal tour from Alyson. For those of you who know her this it is kind of funny. She's never been the outdoorsy type per se, and I can remember her hating camping or going hiking. Maybe hating is not the right word, but she was never thrilled about it. Anyways, she is spending the summer working at Cedar Breaks and Kolob Canyon. I was very impressed with her knowledge, and I can tell she loves her job. And she sends everyone she knows to one or the other places to go hiking or watch the sunset. Who wouldn't love spending their days in these beautiful places? We stopped at Kolob on our way to St. George, but it was too hot to really do anything there. In St. George we did a little bit of shopping then drove around in circles trying to decide among the 5 of us where to have dinner. We ended up at the Cracker Barrel which I'm sure is never the first choice for any of us, but it was pretty good. At least my food was. The finale was tickets to Les Miserable at Tuachan which deserves its own post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah it's weird how i've changed and have grown to love hiking and just being in the mountains!! ha ha. i know i know i use to hate it. i guess going a lot with the fam it grows on ya. thanks for coming up with the idea of starting a girls only tradition. i'm so excited for next year and the year after that and so on and so on.... :)
Post a Comment