Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Jacob!!!

Wow, I have a two year old. Even though some days feel like they will never end, the past two years have flown by. Jacob is such a sweet kid, and I feel so blessed to be his mom. Here's a little bit about him at 2 years old:
FAVORITE THINGS TO DO: INSIDE: play cars, read books, watch Curious George, Diego or the Letter Factory, play with animals, play tag and he is never IT. OUTSIDE: push his big dump truck all over, ride his bike, swim, throw rocks in the water, swing, go to the park.
FAVORITE FOODS: milk, pizza, cheese, turkey sandwiches, peaches, berries (any kind), hummus, ice cream.
OTHER: He is a chatterbox. He can pretty much tell us anything he wants or needs. He likes to talk about animals like zebras, elephants, tigers, lions, monkeys, or any farm animals. He likes to sing songs especially Old McDonald Had a Farm. He likes to dance especially for other people besides mom and dad. He LOVES babies and is so sweet with them. He always has hugs and kisses for any baby he sees even if it's just a picture. He likes to be tickled especially by his dad. He LOVES to brush his teeth. I am having a brain cramp and can't remember anything else.
A FUNNY STORY: Last weekend we went hiking up to a place called Red Pine Lake. When we got to the lake of course Jacob wanted to throw rocks in the water so that's what we were doing. He decided he wanted to stand on this big rock to throw his rocks so I followed him down there to make sure he was ok. Then my reaction time went into slow motion as I watched Jacob lose his footing and slide down the rock into the water. He didn't go under the water (it was pretty shallow) thank goodness, but he was quite surprised. It was so funny!!!! We stripped him down to his diaper so he wouldn't be too cold then all he could talk about for the rest of our hike was how he fell in the water. Also on the hike we had this conversation:
Jarom: Amy, where's your extra diapers?
Amy: I forgot to stick it in the pack, so it's in the car.
About five minutes later: Jacob: Amy, where's the diaper?

Like all mothers I could go on and on about Jacob. I am really grateful to have him in our family, and I hope that I get to celebrate many more birthdays with him. I love you Jacob!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

So did you call the cops? Seriously, are we going to have to have some place to move you tommorrow?

Robyn said...

Cute post. I loved the idea of talking about all Jacob's favorite things. I'll have to remember that one. Congrats on having a two year old!

Liz said...

Erm...my favorite thing that he does is when he drinks water and instead of swallowing it just grins and lets it dribble out and all down the front of him and then when I start laughing he starts laughing harder and does it some more. Also, the dancing is pretty awesome.