Thursday, January 8, 2009
Just when you're starting to feel like a pro.......
I've been the type of mom who researches everything. From sleeping to eating to discipline, I've read so much on all of it. There's one thing that I have ready next to nothing about when it comes to parenting-potty training. I have checked out potty books to read to Jacob at the library, and I've done other things to try to get him interested. But I haven't spent much time or thought about it because he just hasn't seemed interested, and I didn't want to push him. Well last night that all changed. As I was getting him ready to bathe, he said, "Mom, I want to go potty." So I put him on the toliet (I hadn't even bought him his own potty yet) and encouraged him the best I could. He sat there for several minutes and tried his hardest to pee in the toliet. He was not successful, but I realized that this might be my golden opportunity. So this morning we went shopping for a potty and some pull-ups. He was super excited to pick out a truck potty and bring it home. He wanted to sit on it right away. Again he didn't pee in the toliet, but at least he wants to try. But I have a zillion questions and don't have any answers. HELP!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I used a gumball machine with the twins as incentive and that was the trick for them. They got a penny for trying and two pennies for actually going. Every kids is different though. Max took forever because he was plain scared to actually pee in a potty or toilet. He would sit forever on it but would just hold it until I let him get off. I don't know. Once they show interest you just have to figure out what is holding them back and go from there. Good luck!
Post a Comment