because my baby turned 3 this past weekend and that means no more freebies!!! I can't believe it. Time has flown by especially this past year. People always talk about how sad it is or hard it is to watch your kids grow up. And I agree sometimes. It is hard--mostly because you know you will never get yesterday back. The funny things is that we know going into parenthood that they don't stay little forever and that someday they'll leave our nests to create their own. I've decided the trick is to make the best of each day so that hopefully you don't wake up one day regretting that you didn't. It's ok to have a messy house or to leave the dishes or laundry for one more day so that you can read a book together, go for a walk, dig in the dirt, or just be together. When we get to the end of our lives here and are being asked about how we spent our time on earth, God isn't going to ask if we got the "chores" done everyday. He will want to know how we did in raising His children. Hopefully I am doing ok :)
For journaling purposes:
Jacob's favorites outside
Making "dust"
Going for walks
Feeding the ducks
Hiking
Playing with Muggs-the dog next door
Playing at the park
Swimming
Playing in the snow
4-wheeling
Jumping on the trampoline
Racing
"Working" in the yard
Watching for dad to come from work
Favorites inside
Animals--I really don't know how to describe this one. They are still his #1 favorite.
Cars
Coloring
Movies
"Helping" mom clean
Reading books--sometimes we read stories for a good hour straight
Finger painting
Puzzles
Climbing on the furniture
Other favorites
Library trips
Aquarium
Target--they have animals to look at in the toy section
Playing with friends
Grandparents
Aunts and uncles and cousins
He basically loves to be around people
Pretending to be a dinosaur or other animal
Favorite foods aka foods that he will eat regularly
Cheese and crackers
Cold cereal
Green peppers
Fruit of any kind
Popsicles
Noodles
Pizza
Miscellaneous
He's starting to use his imagination more, and it's so fun to see what he comes up with. I will catch him talking to his animals. He also makes up games like the one we play on the trampoline where he will cook you something yummy to eat in the sky. He likes to see what animals he can find in the clouds. He adores his dad. Some days he starts asking for him about 10:00 am. He also likes to read stories to us sometimes. I can't think of anything else right now.
He's such a sweet little boy. I love him so much and feel so lucky to be his mom even when he throws hour long tantrums at bedtime!!!
Happy Birthday Jacob!!!!!
3 comments:
I loved learning more about Jacob! Happy Birthday!
How much longer until the baby comes?
It was fun for us too. He doesn't read books as long as you used to. And the food thing must be inherited from his grandma.
Happy Birthday to Jacob! Wish I could have been there too. It's so fun to hear about him and all the cute stuff he does or says. Just want to say I look up to you, Amy! And lucky you, I hope I have kids as cute as yours. (Well in my mind I'm sure they'll be cuter :) Love you and your family.
Post a Comment