Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Things Kids Say...

I used to be really good at writing down funny things that Jacob says but haven't been doing so well lately. Maybe because he makes me laugh a zillion times a day, and I can't remember everything he says. I really should carry around a tape recorder. So here are a few off the top of my head:

While working in the yard, he raked up a pile of pine needles and pine cones then turns to us and says, "If you step in my pile one more time, I will give you a timeout." Bet you can't guess what he likes to do when we're the ones raking up the piles?

Today I was putting on my seatbelt while pulling out of the driveway and he said, "Mom, you can't go yet without your seatbelt on."

He loves to ask why. I know this is typical but holy cow the kid can ask why about everything under the sun. Here is an example of a conversation we had yesterday as best as I can remember:
Jacob: What's this? pointing to my temple dress that was laid out on the bed.
Mom: That's my temple dress that I wear inside the temple.
Jacob: Oh, why?
Mom: We wear special clothes inside the temple.
Jacob: Oh why?
Mom: Because it's a special place.
Jacob: Oh why?
Mom: It's where we go to make promises to Heavenly Father
Jacob: Oh why?
Mom: So we can live with Him again
Jacob: Oh why do we want to live with Jesus?
Mom: He lives in a very happy place and we can be with our families
Jacob: Oh why do we want to live with our families and Jesus Christ?
And it didn't end there. We could have went on all day with him saying oh why?

I love that he's so curious, but that why question is hard to answer sometimes!!! The best is when he starts asking why animals have certain parts and others don't. Oh and the other day we had a great bathroom talk which I'm not sure I want to put on here. It was basically in reference to how boys go to the bathroom vs girls and what comes out of where.

4 comments:

~Emily~ said...

Love it! Love it!

Liz said...

LOL. Why are there so many ants? Why are the ants getting on the ball? He also was trying to say "huger", as in huge-er (which may or may not be a real word) and it was coming out like "hooger". I can't remember what he was referring to, but something was, "bigger and hooger and hooger and hooger and hooger." He said it like 12 times!! It was hilarious!

Aly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aly said...

Ha Ha, man I miss him. I need to come visit.