Thursday, April 1, 2010

Going Natural

I was chatting with a girlfriend a couple weeks ago who has a baby a month older than Mya and a boy a few weeks younger than Jacob. We were talking about baby-proofing and our babies crawling in a couple months. She said she's trying to not use any harsh cleaners anymore so she doesn't have to worry about Lily getting into them. That got me thinking and after a little research, I have decided to do the same. Mya will be crawling soon and getting into everything, and Jacob likes to help me clean. He also likes to give his sister things to play with. So getting rid of all my poisonous cleaners will be one less thing to worry about with either of them. Plus I'll be saving money. I am going to do one thing at a time as each type of cleaner runs out. The first thing I ran out of this week was dishwashing detergent. So last night I made my first batch of homemade dishwashing detergent and used it for the first time this morning. My dishes came out just as clean if not a little cleaner. Yea!!!!

2 comments:

Brenda said...

We made laundry soap in Releif Society in January and Windex. I don't know if I dare use the laundry soap in my he washer, but some people say they do. And also I only ever use a damp mop, no cleaner on my wood floors. However I think I will still use the harsh chemical in my bathroom.

Darcy Taylor said...

What recipe did you use to make your detergent? I have never made any.