Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On my mind.....


Jacob is a little social butterfly. He asks EVERYDAY if he can have a friend over. If I say no for whatever reason, he says, "But then what can I do?" Really? He's three almost four. He's not supposed to be this way already is he? When did I stop being his favorite playmate? He never asks for friends to come over when his dad is home so I guess Jarom is still at the top of the list. Monday: we called a friend to come play during the day. That evening we had lots of friends over for treats after FHE. Tuesday: we had another friend over. We do a date night swap, and that was last night so he went to play again. Wednesday: we went to playgroup at the park for two hours and now he is playing at his friend's house. Is that too much for such a young kid? Jarom & I both don't remember being that social at 3 or 4. But do we count? He had a permanent little buddy to play with, and Liz is not much younger than me. Honestly, it exhausts me. I miss the days when it was just us all day everyday. We still have those days sometimes........On the other hand, I am so grateful he has lots of friends. I am grateful that Jacob is really great at making friends. Even when we go places just us, he always meets someone new. I am grateful he's not shy like me. I am grateful also that he pushes me out of my comfort zone. I make play dates and call his friends' moms and have people over. And I NEVER did that. I just hope that when he starts choosing his own friends that he chooses good ones!

No comments: