Those of you who know Jacob well know that he has a little OCD. I don't know how else to describe it other than that. The best example is his bedtime routine. It is exactly the same every night. He has about 5 different things he absolutely has to say or he can't go to sleep. If he forgets, I have to go back in his room every time. It is to the point where I prompt him to get everything out the first time so that I am not in and out all evening. Here is a rundown of how the things that have to be said:
"Love you!" Cannot be I love you. Just love you
"Goodnight!"
"Mom, everytime I wake I up, I look out my window and if it's still dark then I lay back down in my bed, pull my covers back up and go back to sleep. But if it's day then I will get out of my bed and get ready to have breakfast." He says this EVERY night in the same order.
I usually tell him I have to do a few things like the dishes or laundry or get ready for bed. His response is always the same. "Mom, when you are done will you come back and snuggle with me again? Will you snuggle with me for 100 seconds? Cause that's only 100, uh?"
And last but not least. "Mom, I am the momma tiger, and this is my baby tiger." In reference to his stuffed tiger that he likes to sleep with. He used to have a baby bear too, but he has since decided that Mya can sleep with the bear.
He really cannot go to sleep without saying all of these things. I love him!!!!!!
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, that's hilarious! I hope it doesn't turn into one of those things where he has to wash his hands 50 times an hour.
Ha ha. Cute kid.
That is too funny. At least you got the routine down so you can make it happen and get yourself to bed.
Aaron is the same way but not to that degree. :)
Post a Comment