Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Things kids say

I used to be really good at writing down the funny things Jacob says. I have not done that in so long, and I regret it. Here are a couple of goodies from the past week or so:

His little buddy Drew was here playing one day and the two boys had this conversation (side note: Drew's dad is one of the BIGGEST BYU fans I have ever met in my life):
D: I want a blue cup because I really like BYU blue.
a few second later...
J: Mom, Drew says the Utah Utes are stinky. (All I could do was chuckle because Jacob was so concerned and didn't know what to say in return).
D: The Utah Utes are stinky.
J: No, they're not.
Back and forth a few times then...
D: Well, we, me & my dad, say they're stinky because we just don't like them.
J: The Utah Utes are not stinky.
D: Well, it's ok. We're still best friends!!
J: Yeah, let's play.

Hilarious!! I was laughing so hard.

Then a few nights ago, Jacob came in our room about 3:00 am upset because he'd had a nightmare. He told us that wolves were trying to kill him in his dream. So Jarom told him that next time he just needs to get his gun out to kill them first. Jacob's response: "But my gun's in timeout."

Speaking of nightmares, Jacob has consistently been having bad dreams and is a little nervous to go to sleep at night. I don't know what to do. We talk about happy things and what he should think about while he falls asleep. And we always say a prayer too. A few nights ago he said, "Mom, I have a feeling." Me: "What kind of feeling?" J: "just a feeling." I finally realized he was scared to go to sleep so I told him everything's ok and that we are safe in our house. He said, "Well, the problem is that those clothes in my closet look like monsters." I shut the closet doors, and he slept fine that night.

1 comment:

Chris said...

He's right, you know. The Utah Utes are stinky :-D