Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breaking Point

I reached it yesterday with running errands with my kids. I hear a lot of moms say how easy their kids are to take shopping, and I envy them. Jacob hates, hates, hates to go to the store. It doesn't matter which one or why we are going there, he will fight me tooth and nail. Mya used to be pretty easy going especially if it was just her. Well, lately, she doesn't want to ride in the cart. She wants to walk everywhere which means running and me constantly telling her to stay put. Or if we have a car cart at the grocer store she is in and out up and down every aisle. An errand that should take 20 minutes ends up taking an hour. Then there's them asking for treats and toys and me telling them no over and over and over. So I have a game plan: once a month shopping. That is my goal to do one major trip once a month with smaller trips in between for produce, milk, etc. Things that won't stay good for a month. The one thing I dread every week is making a menu, creating a grocery list, and shopping. I HATE it. I hated it before I got married and before I had kids so that is not new. But trying to do these things with them is making it worse. So I will be making a master meal list with a master grocery list. bonus: the less time I spend doing these things means more time doing things with my kids instead of around them. We are all much happier when we spend the day playing and even cleaning up the house than trying to run errands.

1 comment:

~Emily~ said...

My sisters and I and a few friends did a week planning each and then swapped. Don't know if it would work for you, but I worked out pretty great for awhile. Reaching the breaking point is totally fine, it happens to us all. Mine happened today at the oil change place. :(