Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer Time

This summer has flown by so fast. I know most kids are heading back to school next week so today is their last day of summer. Luckily for me, Jacob still has two and half weeks before preschool starts so we have some time to work on getting him out of bed before 9:00 a.m :) I never thought I would see the day when he would sleep that late. Now he plays so hard that I'm lucky to see him much earlier than 8 or 8:30 each morning. I'm so glad he's not starting kindergarten this year. I really feel like we made the right decision. I just can't wrap my head around sending him off to the big school on the day he turns 5.

Anyways, this summer has been a roller coaster for sure. Lots of things have contributed to that, and I am looking forward to fall with a lot of mixed emotions but mostly with a hope that things will settle down and that all the people I care about who have struggled this summer can overcome their trials.

No comments: