I am supposed to be shopping for window coverings, fireplace mantels, bathroom tile, etc. The list goes on and on. I needed a break from shopping the web so I thought I would do a quick post. I wish I could put some pictures up, but I don't know where my USB cable is to upload my pics. They will have to come later. I'm still trying to decide if this whole buying a fixer-upper was worth it. It's been a lot of work so far, and we've only just started. But things are progressing, and I'm really excited to see the finished product. Once the main floor is finished there's a zillion other things to do like unpacking, painting the basement, getting carpets cleaned downstairs, the yard--do a drive by sometime to see what that entails. We also need to be able to park our cars in the garage before winter. I really don't see an end in sight, but is there really ever an end when you are a homeowner? We've been taking lots of pics to do a before and after slide show so stay tuned.
I am also supposed to be shopping for a car, but that is one of my least favorite things to shop for. I really hate it, and so I've left it up to Jarom which makes me feel kind of bad because he's super busy. I'm so lucky to have such a sweet husband who will do the things I despise. I really should be the one shopping since I'm the one that crashed the RAV4. Oh well, he gets to drive lots of fun cars. He he!!!
Good thing I don't have to study biology amongst all the craziness. Yes, that's right, I am a college dropout. After I wrecked my car, I realized how stressed, tired, and overwhelmed I was and that I really had two choices. 1)I could do it all and become the wicked witch at the Taylor household or 2)I could focus on what's most important: being a good mom and wife and let some things that don't matter as much slide. So after much thought and prayer, I opted for choice #2. Especially since we are trying to have baby #2 I needed to destress a little bit. There that is my excuse for dropping my classes.
I will get pictures up soon, I hope. Look for some from recent hiking trips, my trip to the zoo with Jacob on his birthday, other birthday pics, pics of the house, and a sneak peak of Jacob's Halloween costume. He loves it!!!!! And maybe a look at my smashed up SUV.
No comments:
Post a Comment