Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I always need help!

This time about gardening. I'm itching to plant some bushes in a couple areas of our yard because they are driving me crazy. So I need some suggestions on what to plant. The beds are under our pine trees and are shaded 99% of the time. So they need to be shade plants and easy to maintain. I'm already cursing the pine trees, and Jarom thinks they are so cool. They aren't that pretty and they make a huge mess.

Also I need to know how to kill tree roots without killing the grass. We have them all through our grass.

We also need to figure out how to cut down a couple of the cottonwooods in the back that look they are going to fall over any day.

I also curse whoever planted all the trees then didn't take care of them.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Nurseries are really good source to ask about which plants to cut. I would get rid of some of the pine trees. They will only get bigger. I would think you might be able to have your lawn sprayed. It doesn't hurt to ask the experts.

Unknown said...

if you cut down the trees you'll probably kill the roots at the same time ;)

If you find a good tree crew... let me know. I am going to be searching for one to do some trimming at my place, too.

When the corn pops said...

I have a tree guy that has cut down 6 of my 10 cottonwoods over the years. His name is Roy #8017564072.
Those big trees are expensive to cut and haul away (cottonwoods are bad to burn.)