Monday, April 6, 2009

Update

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. I have not felt like blogging for awhile now but thought I'd better update those of you who are still checking on us. Our biggest news is that we're having a baby!!!! Yea! It has been a long and sometimes tough road for me to get pregnant again. So it is a huge blessing that we are very grateful for. Jacob is so funny about it. He's so certain that he's getting a sister, and he plans to call her princess. When I'm not feeling too great he's always got hugs and kisses to help me feel better. And he's already decided which toys to share. He will make a great big brother. In anticipation of the new baby, we've made two changes to his routine. First of all we finally got rid of the pacifiers. He's been paci free for a couple of months now, and I'm wondering what took me so long? Second he's potty trained. Yippee!! He caught on super fast just like he does with everything he learns. We've had minimal accidents, and he even wakes up dry most mornings. I've only had to change his jammies and bedding in the middle of the night twice. Ok I don't change his bedding at 3 am. He just sleeps with us til morning. While speaking of Jacob here is a cute conversation he had with Jarom a couple weeks ago:
Jacob: Did you get married?
Dad: Yes I did.
Jacob: In that temple? (while pointing to the picture on the wall)
Dad: Yes
Jacob: Did Jesus marry you?
Dad (smiling): Yes in a way
Jacob: Oh. I'm too little to get married
He then continued on with playing. How cute is that? We have talked about the temple with him and that we got married there, but him asking if Jesus married us was all him. It just tells me that his brain is a little sponge right now and soaks up everything it can.
A little later in the same day he was riding with my parents to visit the dinosaur museum when grandma asked him where Liz and Ben were. His reply: They're at the temple.
I sure hope he keeps the temple in his mind as he grows up :)
Oh and we had a great time at the dinosaur museum. Jacob was a little bit scared of the bigger displays, but the smaller ones were right up his alley. His favorite parts were playing in the sand (wet and dry).

Here is my confession of the day: I am sick of the snow and rain. I know most of you would agree with me, but I really am sick of it. New snow takes my husband away from me!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yea! Congrats! How far along are you? I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby!!! When are you due? We need to get together soon and do dinner or something.

~Emily~ said...

Congrats Amy! That is so excited! We're happy for you all!

Stucki Family said...

Congrats! When are you do. We're so excited for you and hope you don't feel sick for too much longer.

(Christensen) Fraser, Rachael said...

Yea!!! Finally! We are so so happy for you!

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS! private blog now, email if you want access, reblaws@gmail.com