Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tis the Season....

I love this time of year. Now that I am older and maybe a little bit wiser I try to make the season more about the things that really matter. So this year I wanted to do something that would bring the spirit to our home and our lives during this busy month of hustle and bustle. So we have been having a little devotional each morning at breakfast which consists of some scripture reading and then discussion of the goal or activity for the day. Only 4 days into the month I can tell a difference. Doing this each morning has put Christ at the center of my thoughts and there He stays for much of the day. Today we are to share our testimony of the Savior with someone. And I have chosen to make that someone you--my readers, whomever you are.

I know that my Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that long ago He came to this earth as a tiny infant child. He was born to Mary--a woman whom I wish I knew more about. I'm sure she is the perfect example of how a mother should be. She had to be to be the mother of Jesus. And let's not forget Joseph. How many men in the world today would do what he did--raise this infant child as his own and love him as his own. I know that the Savior lived a perfect life to set an example for us. I know that He atoned for our sins and because of that He knows exactly how I feel and what I'm going through. I know that He died for us and also that He rose again on the 3rd day. I know that He still lives today and that He knows me and loves me. I am so grateful for this man and for how He has impacted my life. I only hope that someday I can put my arms around him and say Thank You. In the meantime I will try to say thanks in the way that I live my life.

I hope that we all can remember the reason we celebrate this time of year and try a little harder to have Christ in our lives every day.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Amy! I just found your blog. What a great idea to keep the real meaning of Christmas in your home. I hope all is going well.

Aly said...

I just wanted to say thanks for your testimony and your example! i'm so glad i'm the youngest sister and i have all you guys to look up to and to go to, especially when i start my own family. thank you! love you guys!!!