Jarom and I had a discussion a few weeks ago about what we wanted our kids to get out of the holidays as they are growing up. We talked about the things we remembered most from our childhood years. Sure we remembered a few gifts here and there, but mostly we remembered the fun and meaningful things we did with our families. So even though it is so much fun to watch the ones we love open the gifts we so thoughtfully chose for them, we decided to put more emphasis on creating memories so that is what we have tried to do these past few weeks. Today I turned on the radio and danced to Christmas music with Jacob. If I stopped, he would say "C'mon mom, dance with me." I hope that someday he will remember how we took a few minutes and danced together. I hope I remember it in 50 years too!!!!!
We hope you have a Christmas to remember this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment